Karma Casting Inc. respects your privacy and acknowledges that you have certain rights related to any personal information we collect from you and we have certain obligations in respect of the same. Karma Casting supports the various international and local privacy laws and has procedures in place to meet the requirements of those laws.
The following information discloses our privacy principles in addition to our practices for gathering, storing, and using your personal information. We encourage you to review this information so that you may understand and consent to how we may collect, use, and share your personal information. If you do not provide sufficient personal information for employment purposes, we may be unable to properly assist you with your request for employment or gig-matching to be performed by Karma Casting's services. The Karma Platform (the Services) is a software platform that enables
connections between Clients (agencies, brands, manufacturers) seeking to obtain short-term gig services and Karmites (individuals) seeking to perform short-term gig services. The services provided by the Karma Platform include gig posting/searching, processing applications, staffing, training, execution management and processing of invoices/expenses.
Users as Specialists: In order for Karma Casting to achieve its mission of connecting millions of workers with millions of gigs, we must collect certain personal information from and about individuals who are candidates, employees, contractors, and former employees. The types of personal information collected, processed, and stored by Karma Casting will be limited to that which is used to match candidates with on-demand gigs, employ individuals, refer for employment to a client, perform employment data analysis, or is necessary for the performance of other requirements when acting as an employer, recruiter, screener, staffing provider, booking or employment agency. Such information may include:
- Legal Name, Birth Name, Married Name, Talent or Business Name;
- Contact information (address, phone number, email address);
- UserID and password or PIN if you register through Karma Casting's sites;
- Date of birth;
- Driver's license number and contents;
- Education and employment history;
- Work-related skills and experience;
- Photos and videos for casting purposes;
- Personal appearance details (including, but not limited to height, weight, clothing sizes, tattoos, piercings) for casting purposes;
- Gig interests (including previous experience with cannabis/nicotine and willingness to execute programs involving cannabis/nicotine);
- Professional credentials or licenses;
- Membership in professional organizations;
- Any other information contained on an individual's Resume or Employment History Work Records Profile;
- Citizenship and work authorization status;
- Next of kin or emergency contact information;
- Information from and related to publicly published profiles you've created on social media platforms and job boards (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Indeed);
- Information provided by references and referral partners; and
- Information regarding your career interests, preferences, and qualifications.
In addition, under certain circumstances and consistent with prevailing laws, Karma Casting may request types of personal information that are viewed by some countries as "sensitive:"
- National or Tax Identification Number/Social Insurance Number/Social Security Number;
- Financial or bank account information;
- Tax-related information;
- Results of drug testing, criminal record history, identification verification, and/or education or employment verifications; and other employment-related background screenings;
- Benefits selections, potentially including health insurance and retirement planning information;
- Information contained within your personnel file with Karma Casting, such as performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and other payroll related information; and
- Health information, including that related to a work-related claim
- In some jurisdictions, in order to comply with statutes, rules, and regulations pertaining to equal employment opportunities or to assist Karma Casting in compiling data for its equal opportunities practices and reporting, we may also ask you to provide gender, race/ethnicity, disability, or veteran information. The provision of this type of information will be voluntary, unless it is required by law, and failure to provide this information will not hinder your employment or project opportunities.
- Interactions with Karma Casting-related websites, platforms and mobile applications may result in the collection, processing, and storage of information: Geolocation data and other information you may provide to us, such as through surveys, interactions with our Social Media, or other mediums used to contact us.
- We may use personal information to permit you to participate in live social media feeds. If you choose to participate, your public username may be displayed on the sites along with your post, including, but not limited to, comments, images, and video.
Reviews: The Services allows users to post reviews and feedback of other users, such as Businesses or Specialists. All information disclosed in these reviews becomes public information. Therefore, please use caution and exercise discretion when disclosing your personal information or any personal information of others in connection with such reviews. Karma Casting expressly disclaims all liability arising from the use of information provided by users in these forums. You agree to hold Karma Casting and its officers, directors, agents, investors, and employees harmless from any liability arising from your providing any information whatsoever to these forums.
Device Information: When you visit and interact with the Karma Platform, Karma Casting may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile device's unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser(s) you use, and information about the way you use the Karma Platform ("Device Information"). We may use Device Information to monitor the regions from which Users navigate the Site or the Karma Platform and for security and fraud prevention purposes. Tools with the goal of anonymizing certain Device Information (like the TOR network) are forbidden on the Karma Platform. While we respect your right to hide this information, we believe that doing so is in conflict with the spirit of our platform and our desire to host an open and honest marketplace. Use of such tools hampers the functionalities of the Karma Platform.
Location Information: When you visit the Karma Platform via a mobile application, we use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display a location map to improve service for our Users. We will not share your current location obtained in this manner with other Users. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
Advertising Technology: We may use ad technology such as web beacons (a small, often-transparent graphic image that is used to monitor the behavior of a user visiting a website (also referred to as web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) to track your use of the Services and to customize the advertisements that are provided to you both on and off of the Services as well as to provide research to advertisers. We use these technologies to better deliver targeted advertisements to you and to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising.
Third Party Collection: Please be aware that we may allow third-parties to advertise on the Services and these companies may use tracking technologies to collect information about any users who interact with their advertisements which allows them to further deliver and measure the effectiveness of targeted advertisements. We do not provide personal information to third parties without the individual's authorization. Additionally, any time you use your Services account to login or authenticate to a third-party website or application or visit a third party site while logged into your account, we receive such information which we may use to further customize your user experience and available services on our Services. Use of Information
Karma Casting thrives to improve and personalize the users' experiences. Therefore, we will use information gathered to offer customized services and advertising as well as to conduct data science and market research activities. More specifically, we may use the information we collect about you as follows:
- to provide, manage, and maintain the Services;
- to manage your account and provide you with necessary support so as to allow you to derive the greatest benefit from our Services;
- to deliver all requested products and services to you in an efficient manner, such as: in order to recruit, assess, and match individuals with shifts, events, or other work assignments, refer for employment, respond to inquiries, or perform other tasks that are necessary when acting as an employer or potential employer;
- to perform data analysis, research, and studies to assess the candidate, employee, and contractor population to:
- Recruit, match, and present potential gig opportunities;
- Analyze trends in hiring and gig opportunities;
- Evaluate workforce trends related to requested and available skills and experience;
- Research, implement, and market business opportunities;
- Analyze employee distribution, succession planning, and corporate organization.
- for billing, identification, authentication, and fraud prevention;
- to communicate with you via various communication devices and services regarding products, work opportunities, and services that you may be interested in or respond to inquiries;
- to develop and deliver services, updates, and marketing customized for your interests;
- to research, analyze and utilize your use and interest in our various services and products;
- to process transactions between you and Karma Casting;
- to enhance or improve user experience, our Site, or Services.
- to monitor data to ensure that it complies with applicable statutory regulations, and contractual obligations with clients, contractors and business partners;
- to perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or the Services.
and with your prior consent, to post your personal testimonials along with those of other satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements.
- to verify your eligibility to win any sponsored contests or sweepstakes and to deliver any prizes won during such contests or sweepstakes;
- to manage Karma Casting's business;
- to provide advertisements to our users when they visit other sites;
in connection with our social advertisements and marketing in which we may use your name, corporate name, corporate logo, profile info and information regarding your usage of the Services, unless other opted-out or specifically disallowed such use in writing with Karma Casting.